Company: Iron Mountain
Experience: 04 – 08 years
Business Title: Bid & Proposal Manager
Profile: Proposal Manager, APAC, Sales Support Services
Reports to: Ginny Perrine-Wilson, Manager Proposal Services
People Manager: No
The Bid Manager is responsible for the overall management of the proposal process for Australia and New Zealand (ANZ). This role independently leads consistent, timely and winning tenders for commercial and public customers to help gain new and retain existing revenue. The Bid Manager works directly with sales teams, solution advisors and executive management to manage the bid process, from initial kickoff through submission. Responsibilities include writing key sections, editing the document, conducting team reviews and ensuring that submissions meet response requirements.
A primary responsibility of the Bid Manager is the timely review and qualification of incoming support requests following a defined review process and clear criteria to enable a support decision. This role acts as a trusted advisor in the sales process by developing an understanding of sales strategy and translating that to a compelling written proposal.
The Bid Manager reports to the Manager, Proposal Management and is part of the Sales Support Services team within our Global Business Services Organization.
- Receiving, reviewing and qualifying incoming requests to determine if bid support can be provided. This involves following a clearly defined review process to enable a support decision for opportunities that offer a higher-than-average win probability. Reviews RFx documents and customer history in Salesforce; communicates with sales lead and subject matter experts to assess Iron Mountain’s ability to meet requirements; and evaluates existing schedule to determine Bid Manager availability.
- Managing the complete lifecycle of multiple, concurrent bids in line with defined processes and best practices, ensuring bids are customer-focused and articulate value. Provide direction and support to the sales lead throughout the bid process.
- Acting as the project manager for each assigned RFP, including setting and maintaining timelines and deliverables. Writes and edits bid sections for continuity, logic, organization, message and compliance to emphasize Iron Mountain differentiators.
- Analyzing customer needs and business drivers to translate win strategies into key themes, and producing compelling documents focused on our differentiation and value. Work with the sales lead to ensure the bid strategy aligns with the sales strategy.
- Communicating with designated subject matter experts to develop and write non-standard responses to RFP questions. Maintain professional working relationships with SMEs in identified function groups such as HR, Marketing, Legal, IT, Security and Operations.
- Working with the Manager, Proposal Management to implement best practice and continuous improvement and to ensure we provide repetitive, high-quality service.
- Contributing new and updating existing content to maintain knowledgebase.
- Assisting sales with creation of RFP questions and strategy for customers prior to release of a formal RFP.
- Providing presentation support to sales teams, including messaging, slide creation and development of other presentation materials.
- Developing and maintaining a strong understanding of all company products and services and their corresponding value proposition.
- Minimum Education: four-year college degree in journalism, communications or similar field
- Fluency in English written and verbal communication; additional languages a plus
- Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills, and presentation experience.
- Minimum five years of experience managing proposals following a defined proposal process for commercial and public sectors.
- Proven track record in leading large, cross-functional teams from multiple areas (sales, product marketing, solution architects, operations, legal, pricing); guiding the capture of solution differentiation and alignment with customer needs; and managing bid development process from pre-RFP stage through delivery to customer.
- Acute attention to detail, ability to manage multiple projects within tight timelines, mature project management capabilities and strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with and knowledge of proposal best practices.
- Demonstrated strong proficiency in the use of MS Office, Google Suite, Adobe Acrobat, content management systems and similar technology.
- Must understand service-based solution selling, with preference on knowledge of Iron Mountain products and services, or records management and digital solutions.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- APMP certification preferred
Interested applicants can send their updated resume to Mr. Abhishek Pradeep at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Bid Manager, Proposal Manager|