Company: Standard Chartered Bank
Roles and Responsibilities:
- As part of the Transaction Banking (TB) Global Collateral and Content Management Team, the Global Proposal Manager will partner with the Sales/RMs/stakeholder communities to drive and deliver responses to strategic proposals and general pre-mandate questions across all client segments within TB covering both new and retention of existing business. Using the proposal management best practice framework, the Global Proposal Manager will manage the process straddlng all teams within a proposal lifecycle – across geographies and time zones – to ensure the client’s deadline is met, while maintaining the highest quality output. This role is shift-based and will support US/European time zone as well as provide turnaround enhancements and optimsiation for RFP capacity in Asian/AME time zone.
- The Global Collateral and Content Management is a strategic unit that provides a centre of excellent across the Transaction Banking group, and a core unit within the broader CCIB business.
- Work with deal owners and subject matter experts to customise and present the most compelling solutions to meet the dynamic needs of clients – enhance/create value propositions to bring out key points that meet the client’s objectives and revise client responses to provide accuracy, full coverage and clarity
- Assist to clearly articulate our competitive differentiators and key strengths to meet the client’s objectives
- Co-ordinate deal calls and facilitate discussions on open items, sharing knowledge and client experiences with the deal team
- Collaborate with global, regional and local counterparts on RFPs, manage priorities to drive efficient and effective RFP preparation process including turnaround time
- Collate pipeline information and post deal client feedback for management in business update report
- Ensure that latest product, market developments and other client content are reflected in content database and client responses
- Be an integral part of the Global Collateral and Content Management Team and a subject matter expert to create new content from past RFPs submissions, update, review and enhance the quality of existing content database (Loopio/Seismic) on an ongoing basis
- Champion brand standards and guidelines for TB, promoting application of best practices on all deliverables (including templates, toolkits, and proposals) to drive consistency and in line with the Bank’s brand, style guide/editorial, and compliance standards
- Leverage the best in industry new technology platforms to ensure superior results
- Drive and support strategic initiatives working closely with CCIB, TB and other stakeholders to improve productivity and efficiency across process improvements for key stakeholders
- Work in a group dynamic, and actively participate on any given project as the position evolves and as assigned by the line manager
- Accountability for driving the deal team in clearly articulating competitive transaction banking solutions in a client centric manner
- Accountability for ensuring effective interaction between teams across different geographies
- Accountability for driving centre of excellence in content and proposal content management
- Drive consistency and brand standards across all proposals globally
- Understand risk issues and incorporate appropriate solutions within proposals
Reporting relationships and Interactions
- Reporting to Global Head, Collateral and Content Management; matrix to TB Centre Head Interface with all levels within The Group
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Good knowledge of banking/ transaction banking
- Excellent project management skills, including high attention to detail and facilitation experience
- Excellent English verbal and written communications, other language abilities highly desired.
- Ability to work shift hours from 8pm to 5am IST or any other flexi hours as required to support US/EU time zone.
- Committed team player with willingness to be hands-on
- Client focus/stakeholder management
- Experience with deadline driven tasks and meeting deadlines
- Problem solving capabilities and commercial mindset
- Experience in Corporate Treasury will be a plus
- Knowledge of Transaction Banking products a plus
- Develop a client-centric culture, focused on making it easy to bank with Standard Chartered
- Anticipate client needs and relate digital solutions to enhance the client experience
- A degree holder, preferably in Economics, Finance, Business or Marketing
- Relevant experience in the industry, including demonstrated success in an appropriate role
- APMP certification would be an advantage
- Advanced experience in MS Office Suite (in particular MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel)
- Loopio/proposal writing system experience will be an advantage
Application link: https://bit.ly/36HyH9U
|Job Category||Proposal Manager|