Company: Smiths Detection
Experience: 7+ years
- Own and manage the full tender preparation and submissions for Smiths Detection APAC-ME, services offerings, including deal strategy and terms and conditions, in full compliance with bid management processes to deliver the optimized bid in due time.
- Support market sales team and key stakeholder effort with any required customer and third party engagement activity and relationship management, ensuring that customer requirements are captured and comprehensively communicated.
- In collaboration with assigned market sales manager, identify the requirements for each bid and ensure that all relevant business functions and departments contributing to a bid are properly informed of the background to the bid/opportunity, the pursuit strategy and solution.
- In collaboration with assigned bid manager develop and manage qualified market bids and proposals in order to improve SD market/sector business win ratio across its present/future product and service portfolio.
- Manage a bid plan and responsibility matrix ensuring that all activities are progressed in line with the required timescales on each bid/proposal.
- Deliver competitive, customer centric and compelling bids and proposals in support of the market commercial leads to achieve targeted market Sales order-intake in line within the budget and forecasts.
- Interface with the Regional Sales and functional teams to develop commercial strategies, themes, technical discriminators, and innovative pricing strategies and solutions that will meet customer requirements as well as meet or exceed business goals
- Provide leadership during the bid review process to ensure that all technical and commercial risks mitigation and business risk acceptance levels are properly incorporated in the development of the scope, cost and proposal wording
- Evaluate Invitation to Tender (ITT), Request for Proposal (RFP), and associated customer documentation providing guidance to the business and sales team with regard to the opportunity requirements (written and implied) including qualification, capture planning, strategy, planning, design, authoring, review and production of world class bids and proposals.
- Develop, implement and maintain a centralized data repository which holds customer data and market sector intelligence knowledge of SD and competitor Intel which can be used to inform the business of commercial and technical trend/ requirements. I.e. win/ loss data including previous bid pricing, bid assessment and scoring information, customer feedback, prevailing and non-typical customer bid requirements and so on. Ensuring that this information is accessible to the regional management team and other relevant departments.
- Provide proposal content from library for quick-turnaround opportunities.
- Proactive involvement in the development and implementation of initiatives to continuously improve the quality and effectiveness of the capture planning and bid processes.
- Develop reusable tools, bid templates and literature to ensure the efficient compilation and delivery of bids and proposals and making them available to other markets and regions.
- Champion and ensure that the agreed, formal bid management processes is adopted/ adhered to and workable for both high value, complex, longer lead-time opportunities and those with a less complex shorter lead-times.
- Contribute to the preparation of monthly bid report(s) (management and win/ loss etc.)Contribute to the maintenance of a comprehensive bid tracking tool aligned to strategy plans and order intake forecasts of the business.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies inclusive of and not limited to Ethics, Health & Environment safety.
- Contribute to the preparation of papers used for internal governance approval (ORB Process) and schedule review meetings where required.
- Preparation of the Handover to Programme Management. Reporting of all Tender-related activities at all stages.
- Job Location is Gurgaon.
- Bachelor (or higher) degree in Technology and or Business Management.
- APMP® – Bid & Proposal Management certification
- Experience of leading internal business processes
- Experience in project management or deal management
- Strong knowledge preferred in areas – Analytics, database technologies, storage, security & infrastructure
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Handling third party vendors, partners and aligning them with our deals, as and when required.
- Experience in handling multiple bids concurrently
- Understanding of pricing models will be an added advantage
- Experience of using a document management system – SharePoint
- Strength in MS PPT, MS Word and Adobe FrameMaker would be an additional edge
- Must have at least 7+ experience of managing bids/bids process in a technology-based industry. This should be accompanied by a proven record of successful management of submittals in a multinational business.
- The ability to make effective, timely decisions in a complex, regional market by sourcing and analyzing critical information. Experience at working with senior management across business functions
- Team Player, self-motivated with a positive outlook, ability to prioritize and co-ordinate several bids at once i.e., multi-task, work well under pressure and be well organized
- Bid coordination experience, coordinating complex bids within Technology and/or System Integrator industry
- Knowledge and understanding of public (and private) sector bid requirements
Application Link: https://bit.ly/34x32Uh
|Job Category||Bid Manager|