Company: Rackspace Technology
Roles and Responsibilities:
Our Rackspace Technology Bid Managers will have a strong focus on supporting the business with proposal and bid management.
- The Bid Manager brings together the bid team to execute and respond to a customer need or requirement.
- These are medium to high value opportunities varying in complexity, enabling this individual to manage multiple opportunities simultaneously.
- A good bid manager delivers proposals to customers on time to a high quality giving the business a good chance of success.
- A great bid manager will get the most out of their teams to directly impact the chances of success through clear project management and review processes.
- The Bid Manager will be responsible for managing an opportunity from bid qualification through to contract award, using clear and concise bid planning skills.
- Tracking and driving the bid team is critical to success including proposition development, managing solution review, commercial considerations, partner engagement and risk management.
- This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines.
- It will require strong people management and commercial skills.
- The Bid Manager role is not limited to the Bid and Proposal Management they are also ‘the face’ of Bid Management representing the team through thought leadership, bringing industry best practice and experience to the team allowing both the team and the wider Rackspace grow.
- The role will be responsible for initiatives and development of the Bid Management Function as well as ensuring a positive Brand and Awareness is maintained throughout Rackspace.
- Our Bid Managers are ready for challenging environments and customer requests that result in new ways of working.
- The role is to coordinate the efforts of the team at these challenging times into bid and proposals that Strategic Pursuit
- Proven capability in delivering winning product or complex services opportunities.
- Ideally has a background in solutions and services and experience of bid campaign management from opportunity identification through to project delivery, and will provide credible contribution into governance reviews and proposal management.
- Must be comfortable working at senior management Level (internal and external customers).
- Will be fully conversant with the competitive marketplace.
- Sound commercial understanding, P&L and risk management skills.
- Solid understanding and implementation of internal governance procedures.
- Should be involved in customer dialogue from Clarification Questions, Dialogue Sessions and Final Presentation.
- They have strong skills in literacy, MS Office tools and awareness and competence in other tools required for proposal management (RFP360, Adobe etc).
- They are quick learners and can adapt to new tools in order to gain information quickly.
- They have a strong sense of brand and ethical compliance needed to respond to customers RFx demands and are aware of customer deadlines.
- We practice Shipley methodology so an understanding of this (or equivalent) is essential.
- A keen thirst for technology is advantageous.
- We support and encourage regular training and certification in various cloud, service and sales techniques, courses and qualifications.
- We are a highly educated business and ensure our employees continue to evolve as individuals with regular training as often as possible.
- Impeccable organisation skills and a true self-starter
- Strong experience in a bid sales cycles or bid process
- Experience with Shipley (or equivalent) essential
- Miller Heiman knowledge or equivalent desired
- Degree educated
- Essential MS Office skills
- Exemplary communication skills (written and oral)
- Great problem solvers
- Innovative and passionate about proposal development and writing
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently to strict timelines as well as collaboratively with a diverse team of professionals
- Strong winning ethic Strategic Pursuit
Application link: https://bit.ly/3yZ1GlC
|Job Category||Bid Manager|