Company: Lumen Solutions
Experience: 05 – 07 yrs
Seniority Level: Mid -Senior level
Industry: Information Technology & Services, Outsourcing/Offshoring Human Resources
Job Functions: Sales, Business Development, Information Technology
- Participate in proposal strategy sessions.
- Lead the development of technical responses to requests for proposals, quotes, requests for information, market surveys, past performances, white papers, partner data calls, and marketing information.
- Based on the RFP, identify appropriate format and content of the response and customize as necessary to meet all request for proposal (RFP) specifications and requirements.
- Create and distribute an assignment matrix that identifies the appropriate subject matter experts.
- Write and distribute an outlined 1st draft, populating it with baseline text. Proposals must be grammatically correct, concise, well written, properly formatted, and directed at the appropriate audience.
- Create new content from interviews with subject matter experts.
- Coordinate production with the department’s Proposal Specialist/Proposal Coordinator.
- Attend meetings of the core proposal team.
- Communicate the project status.
- Perform initial edits of input submitted by subject matter experts.
- Ensure full compliance with RFP requirements.
- Assist in maintaining the RFP and proposal archive.
- Contribute to department goals by gathering supporting materials from various sources for incorporation into future proposals and other corporate documentation.
- Work collaboratively with graphic designers and Marketing to enhance quote and proposal text.
- Use Microsoft Office suite of products proficiently, including Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook, Project, and PowerPoint, to accomplish daily tasks.
- Occasional long work hours, including nights and weekends, will be required to complete RFP responses within time guidelines.
Note: In addition to the Essential Functions, also performs similar work-related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in technical writing, marketing, journalism, or communications required.
- 5-7 years of experience writing proposals. The ideal candidate should be familiar with state and/or national government procurement processes and proposal types, and have experience responding to technical solution requirements.
- Experience with capture planning, RFP analysis, outline development, storyboarding, and supporting business strategy development.
- Ability to multitask within strict deadlines and under pressure.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of contributors on a proposal team, including helping to motivate, coordinate, and guide the response efforts.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to write winning proposal text.
Application Link: https://bit.ly/30hiJxS
|Job Category||Bid Manager|